Interesting & Fun
- We’re all eating alone? (WashPo)
- 17 Countries in 7 Months in a MiniVan (Alternative Homes Today)
- Craft brewers are now becoming craft distillers (Fortune)
- Airstreams are back! (Bloomberg)
- Farms are the new golf course – hell ya! (HuffPo)
- Peak great TV in America? (Hitflix)
- Will the Pope Change the Vatican or Vatican change the Pope (NatGeo)
- The reimagining of Stephen Colbert (GQ)
- The certainty of more shootings (The Atlantic)
- Ashley Madison was apparently all dudes and fake women accounts created by the company (Yahoo)
- this is hilarious
- Maternity Hotels and birth place citizenship. (Rolling Stone)
- How is this a thing? Seems like unintended consequences of a 100 year old law that should be fixed.
- The cost of getting scared out of stocks in 1998 (PragCap)
- Is 1 Year worth $25MM? (Asset Based Life)
- Is Amazon less cheap than it used to be? (Time)
- 12 Things I’ve learned from Charlie Munger (25iq)
- The 4% rule is not going to ruin your life (1500 Days)
- Making long-term investments in declining industries (Conservative Income Investor)
- “Those reinvested Chevron dividends will propel Chevron forward, while Church & Dwight’s valuation compression from 30x normalized earnings to 20x earnings will propel it backward. This tendency gets ignored over and over again.”
- 1 Shrewd Investment can save a Life (Conservative Income Investor)
- The inexpensive road to college (Frugal Rules)
- This dovetails (in much less detail) to my $10k College Series
- Best time to sell your home (Modest Money)
- Find what you love and let it kill you (Steven Pressfield)
- Your job vs. your work (Think Save Retire)
- Don’t put off your bucket list (Retire by 40)
Still here? If so consider using Tradeking for your next brokerage. They’re currently offering a HUGE $200 sign-up bonus. and Personal Capital, my favorite tool to see all your accounts in place. You can also support us by using our Amazon link. We get a bit back if you do and it helps keep the lights on.
If you have a moment, sharing this post on one of your various social media accounts and follow us (facebook, twitter, pinterest) can really help us gain readers, so if you think this post is worth it, please considering sharing. You can use one of the buttons below.
Don’t forget to check out our Resources Page where we’re working to keep links to the best of the web for personal finance, investing, travel and frugal badassity.