I’m a big fan of lists. I use daily ones at work to focus my tasks. I keep ones for this blog, my Amazon business, and general things I need to get done. BUT, a lot of the time, those lists can be tough. They’re just another thing to feel bad about for not finishing.
Beyond that, a lot of the time the most important changes you can make in your life are identifying things to STOP DOING. We all have bad habits and things in our life that were we to simply stop, we would be a lot better off. So for 2016, I suggest you consider figuring out 1 bad habit to stop doing. If you manage to keep it stopped for 30 days, try adding a second. If you are at all successful you should be able to stop at least 6 behaviors detrimental to your life.
I don’t personally have many financial ones. But I’ve got a number of health related ones I’m working on.
I’m going to Stop…
- Not Getting Enough Sleep
I’m a bit of a night owl and will sit up too late reading or working on the blog or other side hustles. I need to get more and better sleep.
- Sitting Too Much / Too Long
I’m a big believer of staying on your feet. I’m trying to spend half of my working day on my feet
- Always working on something
- Eating Junk
Put down the fork. Avoid the sugar
- Getting Angry too Easily and letting the little things bother me
There’s a bit of OCD in me and I can easily be very bothered by little things (ask Caitlin). I need a little more zen in my life.
- Constantly Comparing Myself to Others. It’s not a competition and it only leads to dissatisfaction with my own life.
This is the bane of contentment. Somebody, somewhere is always better off than you in some area. That means there’s always somebody better looking, with more money, faster moving career, better looking wife, etc… Focus on gratitude and the blessings you have.
- Stop looking at my phone so much.
- Stop Spending on Things You “Like” not “Love”
- Stop your habit of eating out or coffee or whatever your wasting money on
- Stop blaming your problems on others
- Stop putting off important tasks
- Stop having unclear goals
- Stop trying to keep up with the Jones’
Still here? Help us keep the lights on and get some FREE MONEY! Tradeking is offering $200 sign-up bonus RIGHT NOW if you open an account!
The first step to financial freedom is tracking your net worth. I love Personal Capital, my favorite tool to see all your accounts in place.
You can also support us by using our Amazon link. We get a bit back if you do and it helps keep the lights on.