Did you know that Amazon backs it’s 2 day Prime guarantee with extra free months of prime? Ya me neither.
I recently heard this and put the advice to the test. I was irritated that a product I ordered took 5 days to show up and as I was googling the best way to address the issue, I came across a reddit post explaining that if I pointed this out by email or chat, amazon would provide 1 month of additional Prime services at no extra cost. I was incredulous, but when tested, it worked like a charm!
I found the actual print on Amazon itself – check it out here with the full text below:
The following requirements must be met to qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery:
- Shipping method selected is shipping option advertised on a product detail page.
- Order is shipping to Eligible Address.
- Order is placed before deadline listed on product detail page.
- Shipping preference “Ship my items as they become available” is selected if your order contains other items that aren’t eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
- Your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
- An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
- An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
Note: If you received free shipping through Amazon Prime, you may be eligible for a free one-month extension when the promised delivery date isn’t met. Prime Extensions are limited to one per free trial and 12 for an annual membership. Free Amazon Student Memberships do not qualify for this extension
There you have it! So the next time you order from Amazon with Prime 2 day shipping, be sure to watch the clock!
The first step to financial freedom is tracking your net worth. I love Personal Capital, my favorite tool to see all your accounts in place.
You can also support us by using our Amazon link. We get a bit back if you do and it helps keep the lights on.